Action Recruitment Are Here To Help
With a wealth of hospitality recruitment experience behind us and working on behalf of some of the best hotel brands in the world, we can provide you with tips and advise to help you enhance your career to the next level. Recruiting for the major high end hotels in the UK, Ireland and the UAE we will not just interview you but we will listen to your requirements carefully to match you to the best possible hospitality career for you. Below are a few frequently asked questions that we have received over the years from candidates going through the whole recruitment process:
- How do I register? – you can register can simply calling any one of our recruitment consultants directly, emailing them directly, applying for a vacancy or by clicking on the contact us page.
- How should I format my cv? – The format of your CV should be clean and precise with perfect spelling, clear dates of employment, education and additional skills such as languages spoken and technical skills. It should be no more than 3 pages in length.
- What happens after I register? – Someone from the office will respond to you either via email or phone, if you are suitable for a vacancy you will be interviewed by someone from Action Recruitment.
- How am I interviewed? – We make every possible step to interview candidates face to face and where this is not possible we will arrange a skype call with you.
- How long will the interview last? – It will last anywhere from 30 minutes to 1.5 hours.
- Do I need to submit references? – Yes, we require that you submit at least 2 referee contact details, these should be the name, title, email and phone number of a referee and where you worked with them. We will not contact a referee without your prior consent.
- How is my application handled by the recruitment agent? – Your application is handled with the strictest confidence and your CV will not be sent to any prospective employer without your express permission.
- Are all vacancies advertised on the website? – No. we do not advertise all vacances on our website due to the confidential nature of some of our clients.
- Do Action Recruitment charge a fee to a candidate? – No we do not charge a fee to you but we bill the employer/client on your engagement.
- Once I am chosen by a prospective client for interview what happens next? – You are expected to research for the hotel/business in detail and prepare to have your best presentation on the day. We will confirm interview details with you either via phone or email. After the interview once we have received feedback we will then make contact with you to follow up on the outcome.
- How can I apply for a hotel job in ireland? Firstly you need to have EU citizenship to apply for a job in Ireland as the government do not issue any work permits. You should put your CV together and along with a cover letter send this over to the recruitment consultant you are working with. If you have family already living in Ireland or have been here before then thats important to note as the person in Ireland will be more inclined to respond to someone who has been here before or has a valid reason to want to work in Ireland. You can also apply for a job through many of the different job boards online.
- What kind of hotel jobs are available in Ireland? – there are lots of different roles available in hotels in Ireland from kitchen porter to head chef, receptionist to front office manager, food and beverage manager to general hotel manager, reservationist to revenue manager
- How to find HR jobs in Ireland? – Irish and English legislation is very similar so its easier for someone with UK experience to gain employment in a HR role in Ireland. If you have HR administrative experience abroad or have branded hotel HR experience such as Marriott or Hilton then this will also get you into Ireland. To become familiar with HR in Ireland we would suggest that you complete a Certificate in CIPD HR Foundation level.
- How do I find out about hotel vacancies? – simply register with one of the consultants in Action Recruitment by emailing them over your CV and arranging to meet them or else skype call. Once you are registered the consultant will call you if we have a suitable vacancy for you and then also you can set up a job alert on our website.
- How do I see all hotel jobs in Ireland – call up the consultant you have registered with or else view all the active vacancies that we have by clicking here.
- How to get hotel management jobs in Gulf Countries – it is important to list the following on applications into Gulf Countries – date of birth, marital status, education details, nationality. Once you have completed your CV to include the following you should then register with us through our website as not all our vacancies in the Gulf Countries are listed on the website due to confidentiality.
- What kind of money can I expect to make in a management position in a hotel? The salaries all vary according to the start rating of the hotel and location etc but as a guide please see the basic minimum annual wage starting off :Banquet Manager – 40k ++
Restaurant Manager – 35K++
Front Office Manager – 35K ++
Food & Beverage Manager – 42K ++
Deputy General Manager – 50k ++
Sous Chef – 40k ++
Head Chef – 52k ++
General Hotel Manager 65k++
Sales & Marketing Manager – 50k ++
Revenue Manager – 45k ++
Digital Marketing Manager – 45k ++
Human Resource Manager – 50k ++