Director of MICE Sales - Ref 942All hotel job vacancies listed here:
Action Recruitment have an amazing opportunity for a MICE Sales Director to join the team of our client a busy 4 star hotel in Dublin.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar role (or held 2 years + in a MICE Sales Manager role) in a 4 or 5 star property. The successful candidate will be a proactive, confident, friendly professional with an excellent record of accomplishment managing key accounts together with a proven ability to generate new business leads.
Reporting directly into the General Manager duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage corporate account and key prospects to follow up on new business leads within the relevant market.
- Create an action and sales plan to ensure that revenue goals are achieved
- Carry out sales calls and attend management meetings
- Prepare weekly and monthly schedules determining priorities for each account and ensure that set priorities are met
- To build and maintain excellent relationships with both new and potential clients
- Successfully secure new business in line with the company’s growth strategy for both business groups and Meeting & Events
- Carry out market research staying abreast of current business trends and stay knowledgeable of competitors’ event strategies
- Negotiate rates with clients, provide quotes and prepare contracts to ensure transactions close
- To carry out fam trips, site inspections and corporate accounts events
- To attend and participate in client entertaining, sales, trade shows, workshops, and sales trips when necessary
- Ensure that the CRM system is accurate and up to date documenting all opportunities and activities.
- Experience of working with overseas PCO’s, DMC’s and Corporates and delivering into the Dublin market.
- flexibility to travel to UK, European and International destinations for the purpose of this role.